SHEEX Sheets Review 2021Updated on October 1, 2019 While all product recommendations are chosen independently, we may receive compensation for purchases made through our site. Learn more about how we make money here.
SHEEX got its start in 2007 when two basketball coaches realized that the fabrics used to make their favorite athleticwear could be used in bedding. SHEEX sheets use performance fabrics to offer heat and moisture transfer for a cooler night’s sleep.
SHEEX offers four different sheet options:
- Original Performance sheets
- Luxury Copper sheets
- ECOSHEEX Bamboo Origin sheets
- Experience sheets
All of the sheet options are available in sets. SHEEX also sells individual fitted sheets and flat sheets for the Original Performance sheets. SHEEX also offers a bedding set that includes a duvet cover instead of a top sheet. In addition to sheets, SHEEX offers additional bedding and sleepwear.
Each sheet option uses slightly different materials to provide different effects. The sheets feature fabrics that include polyester, viscose, and spandex. Cooling and moisture-wicking are common features across all the sheet sets.
Read our full review of SHEEX sheets to learn more about dimensions, what is included in sheet sets, pricing, construction, design, cleaning, company information, and more.
SHEEX Sheets Quick Overview
- Four sheet set options
- Benefits vary between sets
- Multiple sets with temperature controlling properties
- Free shipping on orders over $150
- Higher price than some sheet sets
- Not all sheet options allow you to buy fitted sheets and flat sheet independently of sets
In-depth SHEEX Sheets Review
Sizing and Pricing
SHEEX sheets are available in all standard sizes, though not all sheet options are available for the twin XL size. SHEEX does not currently share the dimensions of individual set components, but it does offer more general bedding dimensions, which we’ll detail below.
|Pillowcases Included||Sheet Dimensions|
|Twin||1||39″ x 75″|
|Twin XL||1||39” x 80”|
|Full||2||54” x 75″|
|Queen||2||60” x 80”|
|King||2||76” x 80”|
|California King||2||72” x 84”|
|Flat Sheet||Fitted Sheet||Pillowcase||Set|
|Twin||Original Performance: $99||Original Performance: $79||N/A||– Original Performance: $179 – Luxury Copper: $209.99 – ECOSHEEX Bamboo Origin: $159.99 – Experience: $139.99|
|Twin XL||Original Performance: $99||Original Performance: $79||N/A||– Original Performance: $179 – Luxury Copper: N/A – ECOSHEEX Bamboo Origin: N/A – Experience: $139.99|
|Full||Original Performance: $104||Original Performance: $89||– Original Performance: $54 – Luxury Copper: $59.99 – ECOSHEEX Bamboo Origin: $49.99 – Experience: $49.99 – ARCTIC AIRE•MAX – $49.99-$59.99||– Original Performance: $189 – Luxury Copper: $219.99 – ECOSHEEX Bamboo Origin: $169.99 – Experience: $149.99|
|Queen||Original Performance: $109||Original Performance: $99||N/A||– Original Performance: $199 – Luxury Copper: $229.99 – ECOSHEEX Bamboo Origin: $179.99 – Experience: $159.99|
|King||Original Performance: $119||Original Performance: $109||– Original Performance: $54 – Luxury Copper: $59.99 – ECOSHEEX Bamboo Origin: $49.99 – Experience: $49.99 – ARCTIC AIRE•MAX – $49.99-$59.99||– Original Performance: $219 – Luxury Copper: $249.99 – ECOSHEEX Bamboo Origin: $199.99 – Experience: $189.99|
|California King||N/A||N/A||N/A||– Original Performance: $219 – Luxury Copper: $249.99 – ECOSHEEX Bamboo Origin: $199.99 – Experience: $189.99|
Materials and Construction
- Original Performance: If you’re prone to overheating, the Original Performance sheets might appeal to you. The Original Performance sheets are a blend of microfiber polyester and spandex. The sheets are intended to reduce temperature fluctuations by wicking moisture and allowing airflow. They’re designed to breathe better than cotton. They are also stretchy to better fit most mattresses. If you have a mattress with a particularly flexible comfort layer, you may benefit from a stretchier fabric like this so that allows your sheets to move and bend with your mattress surface. The Original Performance sheets are also designed to be wrinkle-resistant for a smoother, sleeker appearance.
- Luxury Copper: The Luxury Copper sheets are composed of spandex and copper-infused polyester. Like other SHEEX sheets, the Luxury Copper sheets are designed for cooling. They offer breathability and moisture-wicking properties to promote a cooler and more comfortable night’s sleep. What really sets the Luxury Copper sheets apart from other SHEEX sheets is the addition of copper. The copper infusion is intended to release ions, which may help reduce oxidants in the body. While the benefits of copper are still unclear, many athletes believe it is beneficial for recovery and wellbeing. The copper-infused fabric is also purported to reduce odors, which could be useful if you tend to sweat or don’t change your sheets often.
- ECOSHEEX Bamboo Origin: The ECOSHEEX Bamboo Origin sheets are composed of viscose derived from bamboo. Because bamboo is renewable and grows quickly, many people feel viscose is more eco-friendly than some fabric options, so the ECOSHEEX Bamboo Origin sheets may appeal to eco-conscious sleepers. These sheets are designed to be highly absorbent, wicking water away from your body to help you stay dry even if you’re prone to sweating. While absorbing liquid can help the ECOSHEEX Bamboo sheets sleep comfortably during summer, the viscose also features insulating properties, which could help keep you more comfortable in winter. Because of this, the ECOSHEEX Bamboo Origin sheets may be comfortable year-round.
- Experience: The Experience sheets use a blend of polyester and spandex. These sheets are designed to be both lightweight and breathable. Like other SHEEX sheets, they are also designed to wick moisture. Because of the combination of weight, breathability, and moisture-wicking, the Experience might be appropriate for people who tend to sleep hot and don’t enjoy the feel of a heavy flat sheet. While the Experience sheets offer some similar features to other SHEEX sheets, the most notable difference is the weight. These sheets are designed to be exceptionally lightweight, which sets them apart from other SHEEX sheet options.
Sheex Sheet Design Options
Most sleepers want their bedrooms to be relaxing, and design can contribute to that. SHEEX sheets are available in a nice array of color options, making it easier to find a set that matches your aesthetic. The table below details the available color options.
|Sheet Set||Design Options|
|Original Performance||Bright White, White, Ecru, Khaki, Blush Pink, Lavender, Pearl Blue, Carolina Blue, Navy, Graphite, Black|
|Luxury Copper||White, Taupe, Aqua, Light Grey, Gray, Navy, Rust, Black|
|ECOSHEEX Bamboo Origin||White, Ivory, Taupe, Honey, Seafoam, Light Blue, Lilac, Gray|
|Experience||White, Ivory, Silver, Taupe, Navy, Burgundy, Charcoal|
Cleaning and Care for Sheex Sheets
Most SHEEX sheets feature the same care instructions, which are similar to many other sheet sets. Because each set of SHEEX sheets features different materials, however, it is important to look at the care directions for your sheets. Following the care directions can help ensure your sheets last for years to come.
The Original Performance sheets, the Luxury Copper sheets, and the Experience sheets should be washed in cold water on the regular cycle. They should not be washed with bleach, fabric softener, or dryer sheets. To dry, use tumble dry on the low setting. They do not need to be ironed.
The ECOSHEEX Bamboo Origins sheets should be machine washed in cold water and tumbled dry on low. They should not be bleached, but they can be ironed with a warm iron.
SHEEX sheets are designed to last for years with proper care.
Customer Service: It appears that most SHEEX customers are satisfied with the customer service experience.
Reputation: SHEEX has built its reputation around its use of performance fabrics to promote a cooler night’s sleep.
BBB Rating: SHEEX has a C+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.
Years in Business: SHEEX started in 2007.
Physical Stores: SHEEX sheets are available through the Sheex website and through Amazon, Bed Bath & Beyond, Nordstrom Rack, Walmart, and more.
|TRIAL PERIOD||30-night return policy from date of purchase|
|SHIPPING INFORMATION||Shipping is free on orders over $150. International shipping is also available, but the customer is responsible for shipping, duties, and taxes.|