Huut Sheets Review 2021Updated on October 14, 2019 While all product recommendations are chosen independently, we may receive compensation for purchases made through our site. Learn more about how we make money here.
Founded in 2018, Huut is a newcomer to the bedding industry that’s quickly setting themselves apart with their ethical and eco-friendly approach. Like many environmentally minded bedding companies, they make sure all the sheets they sell are certified organic, non-toxic, and green. However, they go several steps further by keeping their products fair-trade; this means the sheets are not manufactured using any abusive or discriminatory labor practices. On top of that, Huut makes a donation to the anti-hunger non-profit Feed My Starving Children for every sheet sold.
Currently, Huut’s product line includes three options made with cotton and one with linen:
- Egyptian Cotton: Made out of high-quality, 100% certified Egyptian cotton, these long-staple, high-thread-count sheets boast a sateen weave for a silky feel.
- Organic Sateen: Made out of certified organic long-staple cotton, these sheets use a sateen weave for a smooth, soft finish.
- Organic Percale: also made with organic long-staple cotton, these sheets have a percale weave that creates a crisp, cool feel.
- Classic Linen: OEKO-TEX certified to be free of dangerous chemicals, these medium-weight sheets are made out of 100% linen.
Read on for our full review of Huut’s sheets to help determine if this brand’s eco-conscious offerings are right for your bedroom.
Huut Sheets Quick Overview
- Eco-friendly, fair-trade, and non-toxic
- Percentage of proceeds go to charity
- Certified Egyptian cotton
- 30-day sleep trial
- Young company with limited track record
- No warranty
- Above-average price point
In-depth Huut Sheets Review
Sizing and Pricing
Huut offers its sheets in all of the standard sizes, although some sizes, such as California King, are not offered in all colors.
|Flat Sheet||Fitted Sheet||Pillowcases Included|
|Twin||66” x 98”||39” x 76” x 15”||21” x 31” (1 per set)|
|Twin XL||66” x 98”||39” x 80” x 15”||21” x 31” (1 per set)|
|Full||87” x 96”||54” x 75” x 15”||21” x 41” (2 per set)|
|Queen||92” x 102”||60” x 80” x 15”||21” x 41” (2 per set)|
|King||107” x 101”||76” x 80” x 15”||21” x 41” (2 per set)|
|California King||107” x 101”||72” x 84” x 15”||21” x 41” (2 per set)|
|Split King||107” x 101”||39” x 80” x 15” (2)||21” x 41” (2 per set)|
|Classic Linen Sheet Set||Egyptian Cotton Sheet Set||Organic Sateen Sheet Set||Organic Percale Sheet Set|
Materials and Construction
Huut currently offers four sheet options in its product line: Egyptian Cotton, Organic Sateen, Organic Percale, and Classic Linen. All the cotton sheets are made out of long-staple cotton, while the Classic Linen is made out of flax.
- Classic Linen Sheet Set: The only non-cotton selection in Huut’s line-up, these 100% linen sheets are woven out of flax fibers. Huut’s linen sheets are woven to be medium-weight, which, given the breathability of linen sheets, makes them usable year-round in any climate. The medium-weight design with quality linen makes these extremely durable sheets that can hold up well to years of use.
- Egyptian Cotton Sheet Set: The most luxurious option in Huut’s cotton line-up, these sheets are made out of 100% Egyptian cotton. While Egyptian cotton is often used only as a marketing label, the authenticity of Huut’s Egyptian cotton is certified by the Egyptian Cotton Association. This means that the sheets are made out of the highest quality cotton. The long fibers in this cotton keep the sheets softer and more durable than regular cotton sheets. The 300 thread count further enhances durability, and a sateen weave makes the sheets silky in feel and appearance. Unlike the other two cotton options in Huut’s product line, these sheets are OEKO-TEX certified, which means they’re verified to be made without harmful chemicals.
- Organic Sateen Sheet Set: Although they’re not made out of Egyptian cotton, these sheets are made out of 100% certified organic cotton whose fibers are long-staple, like those grown in Egypt. As with the Egyptian cotton sheets, these long-staple fibers contribute to a longer-lasting end product. The thread count of 310 makes them soft, and the sateen weave makes them the silkier and smoother of Huut’s organic cotton collection.
- Organic Percale Sheet Set: Like Huut’s Organic Sateen sheet set, these are also made out of 100% certified organic cotton with long-staple fibers. Lightweight and durable, they’re woven in a percale weave. While Huut has not listed the thread count of their Organic Percale sheets, traditionally percale-woven sheets have a lower thread count than sateen sheets to give them a crisp finish. The percale weave promotes crispness and coolness, and as a result, these sheets are ideal for use during the summer or by hot sleepers.
Huut Sheet Design Options
When it comes to choosing a new set of sheets, comfort and quality usually come first, but that said, high-quality sheets should also look good. Huut’s sheets come in different types of weaves and a variety of light neutral colors, allowing customers to find a design option that can fit most any bedroom.
|Sheet Set||Design Options|
|Classic Linen Sheet Set||White, Rose|
|Egyptian Cotton Sheet Set||White, Slate|
|Organic Sateen Sheet Set||White, Dove Grey, Ivory, Blue, Steel Grey, Sand|
|Organic Percale Sheet Set||White, Dove Grey, Ivory|
Cleaning and Care for Huut Sheets
Because Huut sells high-end sheets made out of long-staple cotton and fine linen, they come with instructions for care that are more demanding that those for basic cotton sheets. Huut recommends that you wash the sheets separately from other laundry and in cold water with about half of the normal amount of detergent that you would normally use. If your washing machine has an agitator, the company suggests that you put the sheets in a mesh bag before washing them.
Line-drying out of direct sunlight is best, but you can dry your Huut sheets in a machine dryer if you do so on a low heat setting. Meanwhile, starch, fabric softeners, and bleach should all be avoided, although heat ironing and dry cleaning should both be safe. The long-staple fibers should keep these sheets durable long-term, and they’ll get softer with each wash.
Customer Service: Because Huut is so new, there’s not enough information available about its customer service team, which is reachable via email.
Reputation: Huut has built a reputation around selling certified fair-trade, non-toxic, and eco-friendly sheets, with partial proceeds going to the non-profit Feed My Starving Children.
BBB Rating: Huut does not currently have a rating from the Better Business Bureau.
Years in Business: Huut was founded in 2018.
Physical Stores: Huuut does not have brick-and-mortar stores.
|TRIAL PERIOD||30 Days|
|WARRANTY||There is no warranty offered with Huut sheets.|
|SHIPPING INFORMATION||Huut offers free shipping within the contiguous U.S., with orders being delivered within 4-5 days. Shipping to Hawaii, Alaska, Canada, Mexico, or other locations is available for an additional charge.|
|MADE IN||The Egyptian Cotton sheets are made in India.|