Eli & Elm Sheets Review 2021Updated on October 15, 2019 While all product recommendations are chosen independently, we may receive compensation for purchases made through our site. Learn more about how we make money here.
Although Eli & Elm has only been around since 2019, they offer a wide variety of luxury sheets fit to rival industry veterans. The brand’s product line includes cotton, bamboo, and Tencel options that deliver high-end performance. Some Eli & Elm sheets are designed specifically to enhance their material’s natural properties, like temperature regulation and anti-microbial protection, while others are made to be eco-friendly. Currently, the company’s product line includes five different sheet options:
- The Ferry Collection: made from long-staple cotton, these 100% certified organic sheets have a 300 thread count and a sateen weave.
- The Whalley Collection: utilizing Tencel derived from Eucalyptus trees, these hypo-allergenic sheets have a 400 thread count and a sateen weave.
- The Wharf Collection: crafted with viscose derived from bamboo, these hypo-allergenic sheets have a 300 thread count and a silky finish.
- The Whitney Collection: made from long-staple cotton, these 400-thread-count sheets use phase change technology to cultivate excellent temperature regulation.
- The Winchester Collection: composed of rayon derived from bamboo, these hypo-allergenic sheets have a 350 thread count and a silky finish.
In addition to their high-quality sheets, Eli & Elm sets themselves apart with a customer service team that’s available 24/7, and their trial and warranty policies are longer than average compared to other bedding companies.
Read on to get all the details about the Eli & Elm sheets in our in-depth review.
Eli & Elm Sheets Quick Overview
2. Five-year warranty and 45-night sleep trial
3. 24/7 customer service
4. Quality fabrics woven with high thread counts
2. Higher price point
In-depth Eli & Elm Sheets Review
Sizing and Pricing
Eli & Elm offers its sheets in all of the regular sizes, including Twin XL and California King. All sheet sets have the same dimensions, except for the Ferry Collection, which is sized somewhat differently.
|Flat Sheet||Fitted Sheet||Pillowcases Included|
|Twin||66″ × 96″ Ferry Collection: 66″ x 98″||39″ x 75″ x 15” Ferry Collection: 39″ x 76″ x 15″||20″ x 30″ (1 per set) Ferry Collection: 21” x 31” (1 per set)|
|Twin XL||66″ x 102″ Ferry Collection: N/A||39″ x 80″ x 15″ Ferry Collection: N/A||20″ x 30″ (1 per set) Ferry Collection: N/A|
|Full||81″ x 96″ Ferry Collection: 87″ x 96″||54″ x 75″ x 15″||20″ x 30″ (2 per set) Ferry Collection: 21” x 31” (2 per set)|
|Queen||90″ x 102″ Ferry Collection: 92″ x 102″||60″ x 80″ x 15″||20″ x 30″ (2 per set) Ferry Collection: 21” x 31” (2 per set)|
|King / CA King||108″ x 102″ Ferry Collection: 107″ x 101″||76″ x 80″ x 15″||20″ x 40″ (2 per set) Ferry Collection: 21” x 41” (2 per set)|
|King||108″ x 102″ Ferry Collection: 107″ x 101″||76″ x 80″ x 15″||20″ x 40″ (2 per set) Ferry Collection: 21” x 41” (2 per set)|
|Wharf Collection Sheet Set||Ferry Collection Sheet Set||Whalley Collection Sheet Set||Winchester Collection Sheet Set||Whitney Collection Sheet Set|
|Material||Bamboo-viscose||Organic Cotton||Tencel||Bamboo-rayon||PCM Cotton|
|Twin, Twin XL||$119||$129||$129||$129||N/A|
|King, CA King||$149||$159||$159||$159||$299|
Materials and Construction
Eli & Elm currently offers five different sheet sets in their product line. Two of these sets are made out of cotton, two are made out of material derived from bamboo, and one is made out of Tencel woven from Eucalyptus fiber. Their thread counts range from 300 to 400, which are some of the highest you can get in these materials.
- Wharf Collection (Bamboo Viscose) Sheet Set: Of the two bamboo sets in Eli & Elm’s collection, the Wharf Collection is the more affordable option. It’s made from 100% bamboo-viscose derived from bamboo fibers,a high-performance semi-synthetic material.. The weave gives it a silky finish similar to sateen. Like other bamboo sheets, this set is hypoallergenic, sleeps cool thanks to excellent breathability, and provides plenty of long-term durability.
- Ferry Collection (Organic Cotton): Of the two cotton sheet sets in Eli & Elm’s collection, the Ferry Collection is the more classic and affordable selection. The organic, long-staple cotton it’s woven from makes sure it’s more durable than sheets made from regular cotton. Similarly, the relatively high 300 thread count makes it softer and longer-lasting than bedding with fewer fibers. The sheets are made with a sateen weave that creates a feel that is smooth and silky and that will continue to get softer with repeated washes. Sateen is warmer than some other weave styles, but cotton is naturally breathable and moisture-wicking, helping these sheets stay cool through the night even for most hot sleepers.
- Whalley Collection (Tencel) Sheet Set: These semi-synthetic sheets in Eli & Elm’s collection are made out of lyocell derived from Eucalyptus tree fibers. Their sateen weave keeps them soft and silky, and the exceptionally high 400 thread count makes sure they’re plush and durable at the same time. As an added bonus, these Tencel sheets have temperature-regulating and moisture-wicking properties that are similar to cotton. One big advantage that the Whalley collection has over other semi-synthetic and synthetic sheets is they’re hypoallergenic. This means they repel bacteria, dust mites, and allergens, which is good for keeping sleeping environments clean and preventing irritation for sleepers with sensitive skin.
- Winchester Collection (Bamboo Rayon) Sheet Set: This is the more expensive and luxurious option of Eli & Elm’s two bamboo-derived sheets. Woven with a high 350 thread count, it’s softer and silkier than the Ferry Collection. Like the Ferry Collection, it’s semi-synthetic, made with 100% bamboo-derived rayon. Rayon is durable and resistant to tearing, making the Winchester a durable choice. The Winchester Collection also delivers excellent moisture-wicking and breathability along with hypoallergenic properties.
- Whitney Collection (PCM Cotton) Sheet Set: This is the luxury option among Eli & Elm’s cotton offerings. Woven with a very high 400 thread count, it’s even softer than the Ferry Collection. What really sets the Whitney Collection apart from other cotton sheets, though, is its advanced temperature regulating properties. The Whitney Collection sheets are woven from a combination of long-staple cotton and cellulosic fibers treated with paraffin plant oil. While cotton alone is naturally temperature-regulating, the addition of this phase change material (PCM) technology provides these sheets with an enhanced ability to keep you at a stable, comfortable temperature throughout the night. Additionally, the cellulose fibers contribute extra moisture-wicking, improving its performance for hot sleepers. Like other long-staple cotton sheets, the Whitney Collection sheet set should offer comfortable bedding with a long useful life.
Eli & Elm Sheet Design Options
Comfort and quality are key criteria in choosing new sheets, but the look and design is also important for many customers. Stylish sheets can fit your sense of design and can match the rest of your bedroom. Eli & Elm’s sheets have all been woven with a silky finish, and are available in a range of neutral colors.A list of color options is available in the table below.
|Sheet Set||Design Options|
|Wharf Collection Sheet Set||Stripe, White, Window Payne|
|Ferry Collection Sheet Set||Blue, Ivory, White|
|Whalley Collection Sheet Set||Blue Slate, Champagne, Stone, White|
|Winchester Collection Sheet Set||Chocolate, Khaki, Silver, White|
|Whitney Collection Sheet Set||White|
Cleaning and Care for Eli & Elm Sheets
Because Eli & Elm’s product line consists of sheets woven from natural fibers and a high thread count, they require higher-maintenance cleaning instructions than lower-quality and synthetic sheets. This means bleach and fabric softener are completely off-limits along with high heat. Eli & Elm sheets can only be machine-washed with cold water and tumble-dried on low heat. Sheets need to be promptly removed from the washer and dryer, and ironing can only be done on a low-heat setting.
The Ferry Collection, designed to be the more affordable cotton sheet set, is slightly less high-maintenance than the rest of Eli & Elm’s collection. You can use bleach on this set as long as you use the non-chlorine variety. The rest of the other care instructions apply.
Customer Service: Because Eli & Elm is such a new company, there’s limited information available about its customer service. However, the customer care team is available 24/7 and reachable via phone, email, and an online chat feature.
Reputation: Eli & Elm has built a reputation around selling bamboo and cotton sheets made with high thread counts and long fibers.
BBB Rating: Eli & Elm does not currently have a rating from the Better Business Bureau.
Years in Business: Eli & Elm was founded in 2019.
Physical Stores: Eli & Elm doesn’t have any physical stores.
|TRIAL PERIOD||45 Days|
|SHIPPING INFORMATION||Eli & Elm has a manufacturing time of 2-3 business days, with shipping taking 2-5 business days. The company offers free shipping in the contiguous U.S. A fee of $45 applies to shipping to Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada.|
|MADE IN||Not Listed|