Brooklinen Sheets Review 2021Updated on October 15, 2019 While all product recommendations are chosen independently, we may receive compensation for purchases made through our site. Learn more about how we make money here.
Since its inception in 2016, Brooklinen has quickly become one of the most popular and recognizable startups in the bedding industry. They’re known for offering a diverse product line with a wide range of design options as well as different sheet combinations and bedding bundles. Brooklinen’s other major selling point is its exceptionally long sleep trial and warranty policies. Brooklinen sheets can be returned for a full refund up to one year after purchase, and every set comes with a lifetime warranty. Currently, the brand offers three primary sheet sets:
- Luxe Sateen Sheet Set: Woven with long-staple fibers, these 100% cotton sheets have a sateen weave and an exceptionally high 480-thread count. They are the brand’s smoothest and softest sheets.
- Classic Percale Sheet Set: also made with 100% long-staple cotton fibers, these sheets have a percale weave and a 270-thread-count. These are the brand’s coolest cotton sheets and a best bet for hot sleepers.
- Linen Sheets: Woven with Belgian and French flax, these 100% linen sheets are made for year-long use and also work great for people who tend to sleep hot.
At times throughout the year, Brooklinen offers other limited edition sheet sets. For example, the company recently offered Twill sheets (made with 100% brushed cotton) and Heathered Cashmere (made with 95% cotton and 5% Himalayan cashmere). Availability of these options is hit-or-miss relative to the Classic Percale, Luxe Sateen, and Linen Sheets that have more consistent choices of sizes and colors in stock.
These sheets come in various sizes and designs, allowing you to find an option that suits your preferences for comfort and home decor.
Read on for a detailed description of the Brooklinen sheets that can help you determine if these sheets are right for you.
Brooklinen Sheets Quick Overview
- Significant variety in design and sheet combinations
- Quality fabrics and high thread count
- Lower maintenance than other luxury bedding
- Lifetime warranty and year-long sleep trial
- Some styles and models are only offered as a limited edition
- Sheets are recommended to be replaced after 2 years
In-depth Brooklinen Review
Sizing and Pricing
Brooklinen offers its sheets in all of the regular sizes, including Twin XL and California King. All sheet sets have the same dimensions.
|Flat Sheet||Fitted Sheet||Pillowcases Included|
|Twin||71″ × 98″||39″ × 75″ × 15″||20″ × 27″ (1 per set)|
|Twin XL||71″ × 104″||39″ × 80″ × 15″||20″ × 27″ (1 per set)|
|Full||86″ × 98″||54″ × 75″ × 15″||20″ × 27″ (2 per set)|
|Queen||92″ × 104″||60″ × 80″ × 15″||20″ × 27″ (2 per set)|
|King||110″ × 104″||76″ × 80″ × 15″||20″ × 37″ (2 per set)|
|CA King||110″ × 104″||72″ × 84″ × 15″||20″ × 37″ (2 per set)|
Sheet Set Options and Pricing
For most sheets, Brooklinen offers two main kinds of sets:
- Starter Sheet Set: 1 fitted sheet and 2 pillowcases
- Core Sheet Set: 1 fitted sheet, 1 flat sheet, and 2 pillowcases
A Split King set that has two Twin XL fitted sheets and one King flat sheet along with two pillowcases is also offered for several types of Brooklinen sheets.
Separate pillowcase sets are available for all of the three main sheet styles. For Classic Percale and Luxe Sateen, a separate fitted sheet can be purchased separately as well. The top sheet is only available as part of the Core Sheet Set.
|Luxe Sateen Starter Set||Luxe Sateen Core Set||Classic Percale Starter Set||Classic Percale Core Set||Linen Core Set (Starter N/A)|
|Twin, Twin XL||$98||$129||$93||$99||N/A|
|King, CA King||$134||$169||$113||$149||$279|
Materials and Construction
Brooklinen currently offers three different primary sheet types in their product line. Two of these sets are made out of cotton and one is made out of linen. Because Brooklinen invests heavily in quality materials and production methods, they back their sheets with a full one-year sleep trial. You have the option to return the sheets for a full refund if you find they aren’t to your liking. They also provide a lifetime warranty against manufacturer defects.
- Luxe Sateen Sheets: These sheets are the softest and silkiest in Brooklinen’s line-up thanks to both their sateen weave and exceptionally high 480 thread count. They are made with 100% long-staple cotton that is soft and durable. Brooklinen uses extra-fine, single-ply yarns, which generates a longer-lasting and more plush final product. To meet exacting production standards, the sheets are finished using customized, German-made Osthoff Singe machines. Though plush to the touch, this cotton remains breathable and usable year-round. It’s also certified by OEKO-TEX to be free of harmful chemicals.
- Classic Percale Sheets: As with the Luxe Sateen sheets, the Classic Percale sheets are made with 100% long-staple cotton that is in fine, single-ply yarns. The percale weave — one-over, one-under — provides more space for cooling airflow and gives the sheets a crisper feel. As a result, these naturally sleep cooler than the Luxe Sateen sheets and are the preferred pick among hot sleepers. The 270 thread count supports this breathability while also offering plenty of durability. The cotton in these sheets is also OEKO-TEX certified.
- Linen Sheets: These sheets are made with 100% flax fibers that are sourced from Belgium and France where much of the world’s highest quality flax for linen is grown Because linen can’t be woven as tightly as cotton, its thread count is lower than Brooklinen’s cotton sheets. This also means the sheets will be thicker, but despite this heavier feel, linen maintains pronounced breathability. Their excellent temperature regulation makes them a great fit for year-round use and for hot sleepers. As with the Brooklinen cotton sheets, the Linen sheets are OEKO-TEX certified.
Brooklinen Sheet Design Options
Since high-quality sheets are a serious investment, it’s important to take their aesthetic appeal into account along with the issues of comfort and quality. Brooklinen is famous for having an exceptionally wide range of designs, and they frequently have limited edition colors available for the Luxe Sateen and Classic Percale sets.
|Sheet Set||Design Options|
|Luxe Sateen Sheets||Essential: Solid White, Cream, Steel, Graphite, Smoke Stripe, Window Pane, Glacier, Graphite and Steel Oxford Stripe, Graphite Grid Limited Edition: Rosé, Lilac, Mojito|
|Classic Percale Sheets||Essential: Solid White, Cream, Steel, Graphite, Smoke Stripe, Window Pane, Glacier, Graphite and Steel Oxford Stripe, Graphite Grid Limited Edition: Mint, Rosé, Lilac, Mojito|
|Linen Sheets||White, Cream, Petal, Haze, Graphite, Charcoal Chambray, Dune Chambray, Navy Chambray, Mist, Moss, Charcoal Chambray and White Stripe, Indigo, Pomegranate, Forest|
Cleaning and Care for Brooklinen Sheets
Brooklinen sheets are surprisingly easy to care for and are lower-maintenance than luxury bedding made by many other companies. You can machine-wash the sheets on either a cool or warm cycle, and although line-drying is advised, you can also use a dryer at a low heat and low tumble cycle. Fabric softener and oxygen bleach can both be used as well.
According to Brooklinen, when used consistently, the sheets should ideally be replaced every two years for freshness. Up until that point, though, the sheets usually get softer and comfier with use and washing. To prolong their lifespan and avoid discoloration, the brand recommends storing them inside plastic boxes when not in use.
Customer Service: Most customers who have interacted with Brooklinen’s customer service team have reported being satisfied with the experience. The team is exceptionally accessible given that they are reachable via phone, text, email, and an online chat feature.
Reputation: Brooklinen has built a reputation around selling stylish luxury bedding straight to the consumer at a competitive price point.
BBB Rating: Brooklinen has a B+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.
Years in Business: Brooklinen was founded in 2014.
Physical Stores: Brooklinen doesn’t have any physical stores.
|TRIAL PERIOD||1 year|
|SHIPPING INFORMATION||Brooklinen offers quick turnaround times for shipping, and within the contiguous United States, ground shipping is free. Brooklinen also ships to Hawaii, Alaska, U.S. Territories, and a handful of other countries, but shipping to these locations comes with an additional shipping charge.|
|MADE IN||Not Listed|