The Best Percale Sheets 2021Updated on January 18, 2021 While all product recommendations are chosen independently, we may receive compensation for purchases made through our site. Learn more about how we make money here.
Even if you find your perfect mattress and pillows, you may not be getting the best night’s sleep possible. Without the right bed sheets, you may be uncomfortable, which could cost you valuable sleep.
There are a lot of different types of sheets on the market, but percale is one of the most popular options. Percale sheets have a classic matte finish and a traditional one-yarn-over, one-yarn-under weave. Quality percale sheets can be long-lasting, soft, cooling, crisp, and comfortable, making them a popular choice.
Washing your sheets often can help keep your bed clean and reduce allergens. With percale sheets, washing can also make them more comfortable over time.
While high-quality percale sheets have a higher price point than some alternatives, they may also last longer, so spending a little more upfront could improve the longevity of your sheet set.
In this guide, we’ll share our list of the top three percale sheet sets. We’ll also explain what sets them apart and provide a percale sheet buyer’s guide.
Our Top Picks
|Classic Core Sheet Set||270 thread count; OEKO-TEX certified; Lifetime warranty||$99|
|Percale Simple Stripe Sheets||360 thread count; GOTS certified; 17-inch-deep pockets; Lightweight and structured||$210|
|Percale Sheets||500 thread count; OEKO-TEX certified; 17-inch-deep pockets; Produced in Italy; 90 day risk-free trial||$188|
Brooklinen Classic Core Sheet Set
Why We Like it
- 270 thread count
- Tested for chemical safety and certified by OEKO-TEX
- Fitted sheets have short and long sides labeled for convenience
- Pillowcases feature envelope closures so your pillow won’t slip out as easily
- Lifetime warranty
The Brooklinen Classic Core Sheet Set is 270 thread count and woven from 100% long-staple cotton. The sheets are popular for their cool, crisp feel.
The sheet set features a fitted sheet marked with directional labels to make it easier to tell the short end from the long end, saving you time and effort when you make the bed. Plus, the pillowcases feature envelope closures to prevent your pillows from slipping out.
Because the sheets sleep cool and are breathable, the Brooklinen Classic Core Sheet Set is a particularly good choice for people who tend to sleep hot.
The Brooklinen lifetime warranty offers free exchanges and replacements if you are not satisfied with your sheet set.
Boll and Branch Percale Simple Stripe Sheets
Why We Like it
- 360 thread count
- GOTS certified for ethical, sustainable cotton
- 17-inch-deep pocket on fitted sheet will fit even exceptionally tall mattresses
- Double-ply fine yarn cotton makes the sheets lightweight and structured
The Boll and Branch Percale Simple Stripe Sheets offer the cool, crisp feel of percale with a subtle stripe for style. The fabric is 360 thread count and composed of double-ply fine yard cotton, which gives the sheets structure in spite of them being lightweight.
The set’s fitted sheet features a 17-inch-deep pocket designed to fit tall mattresses. This pocket is significantly deeper than most fitted sheets, making the Boll and Branch Percale Simple Stripe Sheets a particularly good choice if you have an exceptionally tall mattress.
The Boll and Branch Percale Simple Stripe Sheets use organic cotton that is both GOTS and Fair Trade certified, so it is also a good choice for eco-conscious shoppers.
Snowe Percale Sheets
Why We Like it
- 500 thread count
- Tested for chemical safety and certified by OEKO-TEX
- 17-inch-deep pocket on fitted sheet to accommodate tall mattresses
- Crafted in Italy using cutting-edge processes
- 90-day return policy
Snowe Percale Sheets are breathable, crisp, and smooth. The fabric of the sheets is 500 thread count and composed of 100% long-staple Egyptian cotton. The sheets are woven in Italy using cutting-edge processes. However, they are then finished by hand.
Snowe offers generous sizing of the pocket on the fitted sheet to accommodate tall mattresses. The pocket is 17 inches deep, so the Snow Percale Sheets are a good choice for people with tall mattresses.
Since Snowe focuses on using high-quality materials and advanced processes, the Snowe Percale Sheets are also a particularly good option for luxury-minded shoppers.
Snowe offers a 90-day return policy. If you’re not happy with your sheets during that time, you can return or exchange them.
Percale Sheets Buyer’s Guide
Shopping for sheets will introduce you to a lot of unfamiliar vocabulary that can get overwhelming and make it difficult to determine what sheets are right for you.
The right set of sheets can feel good against the skin, help you maintain a comfortable body temperature, and improve your overall sleep experience. Quality materials and construction can also improve the longevity of your sheet set.
The following section will help you understand percale sheets in more depth. We’ll discuss what percale sheets are, the benefits of percale sheets, the different types of sheets, and what you should consider when purchasing percale sheets.
What Are Percale Sheets?
Percale sheets are generally composed of cotton or a cotton/polyester blend. They are known for their tight weave and matte finish. Percale uses a one-over, one-under weave for threads, which gives the fabric its distinctive feel and finish.
Because percale sheets look and feel smooth and crisp, they are often used in luxury hotels, so they may be a good choice for anyone looking to replicate the feel of a hotel at home.
Because of their cooling properties, percale sheets are also particularly popular in summer and can be an excellent choice for people who tend to sleep hot.
What Are the Benefits of Percale Sheets?
Percale sheets are one of the most popular types of bed sheets on the market. This is likely due to the extensive benefits a good set of percale sheets can provide. Here are just a few of the benefits associated with quality percale sheets. Wears well
Percale uses a tighter weave than most fabrics, making it exceptionally strong. This can decrease wear and tear and improve the fabric’s longevity, allowing you to enjoy your sheet set for years to come. Percale often gets softer with washing
Not only does percale tend to wear well, but it may also get more comfortable as time goes on. Unlike some fabrics, percale usually resists pilling. Instead, it gets softer with each wash. Percale sleeps cool
Percale fabrics are generally lightweight and breathable. This makes percale a good choice in hot climates and during the summer. Percale sheets can also be an excellent year-round option for anyone who tends to sleep hot.
Types of Sheets
While percale is a popular type of bed sheet, it is not the only option. There are several different types of sheets on the market, and each type of sheet offers slightly different construction and benefits. Here is how percale compares to some other popular types of sheets.
- Percale: Most often composed of cotton or a cotton/polyester blend, percale uses a one-over, one-under weave to create a smooth, matte finish. The resulting sheets are usually lightweight, breathable, soft, and durable. While percale is popular with a wide variety of sleepers, it is particularly popular with those concerned about sleeping hot. The breathability can promote a cooler night’s sleep than many other types of sheets.
- Egyptian Cotton: Percale and sateen are common weaves for sheets. Cotton, however, is a common fiber used in their creation. Egyptian cotton is particularly prized due to its fibers’ softness, length, and strength. Egyptian cotton can be used in a variety of weaves, including a percale or sateen weave. The resulting sheets are usually considered higher quality than many alternatives, so they may be a good choice for customers seeking softness, strength, and luxury.
- Sateen: Sateen has a silky surface and a noticeable sheen. Like percale, it is soft to the touch. However, because of its draping and thickness, it is usually better for cooler months. The weave of sateen is also unique. It uses a one-under, three-over weave, which gives it its silky finish. Sateen is also popular for people who want their sheets to have a smooth look without the need to iron them.
Percale Sheets Considerations
Percale sheets are a popular choice, so anyone looking to buy a set will have plenty of options. However, everyone has their own unique needs and preferences. When selecting the best sheets for you, you may want to consider the care instructions, thread count, weave, design, and warranty information. Cleaning and Care