The Best Tempur-Pedic Pillows 2021Updated on January 18, 2021 While all product recommendations are chosen independently, we may receive compensation for purchases made through our site. Learn more about how we make money here.
Even with the perfect mattress, a bed is not complete without the right pillow. It is one of the most important accessories when it comes to getting a good night’s sleep. This comes as no surprise to anyone who has woken up with a stiff neck. Pillows should ensure that your head and neck are supported while avoiding strain on your upper spine.
Tempur-Pedic brings their extensive experience and their understanding of how to support the body into their pillows. They give you some of the benefits of their TEMPUR foam without having to invest in a full mattress. The pillows let your head and neck receive the same contouring support that their mattresses give your spine, which can lead to better sleep and less pain upon waking.
This guide will help you navigate the various Tempur-Pedic pillows. By comparing the options available with factors like sleep style, temperature regulation, and firmness, it will help you find which is right for you.
Our Top Picks
|TEMPUR-Down Precise Support Pillow||Removable down-filled cover, luxurious feel, works for all types of sleepers||$149|
|Tempur All Purpose Pillow||Multipurpose peanut shape, carrying strap for travel, compact size||$49|
|Tempur-Adapt Pro Pillow||Multiple sizes, height, and feel options, premium knit cover, cooling gel addition available||$129|
|Tempur-Pedic BodyPillow||Good for side sleepers and pregnant women, medium-firm feel, long length||$199|
|TEMPUR-Neck Pillow||Contoured shape, extra-firm feel, size guide provided||$89|
|TEMPUR-Adapt Pro Cloud + Cooling Pillow||Cooling cover, low profile, extra-soft feel||$99|
TEMPUR-Down Precise Support Pillow
Why we like it:
- Combines luxury of down and support of foam
- Great for all types of sleepers
- Removable and washable 500 thread count cover
The TEMPUR-Down Precise Support pillow blends the best features of down and memory foam for a luxurious and contouring sleep surface. Unlike traditional pillows, the structure has a support layer and a comfort layer, similar to a mattress. The core is TEMPUR foam, providing constant support. This is surrounded by a down-filled cover giving the pillow plush cushioning. The combination of firm support and soft comfort give the TEMPUR-Down Precise Support a Medium feel overall. For added convenience and longevity, the premium 500 thread count cover is removable and washable.
Though the loft measurement is greater than other Tempur-Pedic pillows, the down layer has more give than all-foam pillows, meaning it has a medium profile. This makes it an excellent choice for all types of sleepers (back, side, stomach, and combination). The TEMPUR-Down Precise Support comes in Queen and King sizes.
Tempur-Pedic does not accept returns on pillows, but they do come with a 5-year warranty.
Tempur All Purpose Pillow
Why we like it:
- Unique peanut shape allows a variety of uses
- Carrying strap makes it great for travel
- Removable and washable cover
Your first look at the Tempur All Purpose Pillow tells you that it is not your average pillow. The peanut shape and compact size give it versatility. Both back and side sleepers can use it as a neck roll, letting the central curve support the hollow between the mattress and the neck. Side sleepers are often encouraged to use a pillow between their knees to take pressure off of their back and hips, and the shape of the All Purpose Pillow makes it ideal as a leg spacer. Composed of TEMPUR memory foam, the pillow has a Firm feel that provides solid support however it is used.
The removable and washable cover increases the longevity of an already durable pillow. The carrying strap lets you use the All Purpose Pillow while traveling for tailored comfort and support in transit and when sleeping away from home.
Tempur-Adapt Pro Pillow
Why we like it:
- Multiple options targeted for different types of sleepers
- Washable knit cover
- Cooling upgrade available
The TEMPUR-Adapt Pro Pillow’s defining feature is its wide variety of options, ensuring that there is a pillow for every kind of sleeper. All of the pillows are made with TEMPUR foam that adapts to the head and neck providing cradling comfort and come in both Queen and King.
The differences lie in the three loft and firmness designs.The key to finding the best night’s sleep with the TEMPUR-Adapt Pro Pillow is matching sleep style and body composition to the right design. The ProLo is perfect for stomach sleepers and/or small frames and has an Extra-Soft feel. The ProMid has a Soft feel and is for back sleepers and/or medium frames. The ProHi’s Medium feel and higher profile are designed for side sleepers and/or larger frames.
Those who sleep hot can upgrade to the TEMPUR-Adapt Pro + Cooling Pillow, which uses a cooling cover to help with temperature regulation.
Why we like it:
- 48” long for whole-body support
- Great for side sleepers and pregnant women
- Medium-Firm feel for responsiveness
Any type of sleeper can use a body pillow as they are essentially a standard pillow, just double the length. Back sleepers can use them under their knees to take pressure off the low back. Stomach sleepers can throw one arm over them to keep their shoulders from curving inward. But side sleepers are most likely to experience the benefits of the Tempur-Pedic BodyPillow as there are a greater number of ways that they can use it. They can hug it to take pressure off of their bottom shoulder, put one end between their knees to keep their hips aligned, or do both. Many of the positives of the BodyPillow for side sleepers also apply to pregnant women.
The BodyPillow’s fill is made of TEMPUR foam that is textured with individually-formed microcushions that give the pillow a more responsive feel. The polyester cover is removable and washable.
Why we like it:
- Ergonomic design specifically for the neck
- Three sizes to match sleep style and body composition
- Extra-Firm feel
The TEMPUR-Neck Pillow is contoured to support the natural curve of the neck. This ergonomically designed pillow is made with TEMPUR foam and has an Extra-Firm feel to prevent sinking, which would remove the benefit of the pillow’s unique shape. The pillow is intended for back and side sleepers. Stomach sleepers will likely find it too firm with too high of a profile for comfort and it may cause neck strain.
In order to achieve the proper alignment and avoid stress and pain in the neck and shoulders, the TEMPUR-Neck Pillow comes in three sizes. Sizing depends on the measurement from your shoulder to neck and whether you are a side or back sleeper. For example, a side sleeper with a shoulder to neck dimension of 4 to 6 inches would need a medium. The same measurement in a back sleeper would call for a small. A size guide is provided by Tempur-Pedic.
The polyester cover is removable and washable which helps increase the pillow’s longevity.
TEMPUR-Adapt Pro Cloud + Cooling Pillow
Why we like it:
- Extra-soft, plush feel
- Cooling layer for temperature regulation
- Breathable premium knit cover
If you are prone to sleeping hot, memory foam’s tendency to absorb heat may compound the issue. However, this does not mean that you cannot have a Tempur-Pedic pillow. The TEMPUR-Adapt Pro Cloud + Cooling Pillow is designed to help alleviate concerns over temperature regulation. The pillow’s core of a single piece of TEMPUR foam is surrounded by a cool-to-touch cover that is removable and washable. Additionally, the outer layer of the cover is a breathable, textured stretch-knit that helps increase airflow near the face to assist with cooling.
The TEMPUR-Adapt Pro Cloud + Cooling has a low profile combined with an extra-soft feel, which strikes a balance between keeping the head, neck, and shoulders properly aligned while providing a sense of plush comfort. This makes it a good choice for all types of sleepers, but it is ideal for back and stomach sleepers.
Tempur-Pedic Pillow Buyer’s Guide
Tempur-Pedic has been making memory foam sleep products commercially since 1992, and their long track record of superior, durable products extends to their pillows. But not all Tempur-Pedic pillows are the same. Having the right pillow is imperative for a good night’s sleep. By keeping the neck and upper spine aligned, you can achieve more restful sleep and relieve pain and pressure points. To find your match, you must consider factors such as components of the pillows, their shape and size, and your sleep style.
This guide will give you a foundation of information so you can better evaluate your options.
What are Tempur-Pedic Pillows Made of?
To understand why Tempur-Pedic pillows are unique, you must first understand the materials that go into making them. TEMPUR memory foam is well-known for its quality and its usein their pillows makes them a sought after sleep accessory. Additionally, there are other components that work with the foam for increased benefits.
- Memory Foam: All of Tempur-Pedic’s pillows have a core of their TEMPUR memory foam. Memory foam softens with body heat and pressure, providing customized support by cradling the contours of the head and neck. Memory foam pillows come in two types: a solid, single piece of foam and shredded foam pieces. Single piece pillows are often firmer and can be molded into particular shapes. Shredded foam is typically softer and more malleable as the pieces can move within the cover.
- Down or Down Alternative: Down is the fine, fluffy feathers underneath the outer feathers of ducks and geese. Down pillows are soft, light, malleable, and durable. The scarcity of down, compared to other feathers, has meant it has been equated with luxury since the time of the Greeks and Romans. People with allergies can have problems and so may prefer down alternatives. Down alternatives are made with polyester that mimics the qualities of down. Tempur-Pedic uses only genuine down.
- Gel: Foam pillows can have a tendency to sleep hot, but gel pillows can help with this issue. Cooling gel is either infused directly into the foam or thin gel pads are attached to the foam, which is the case with Tempur-Pedic’s cooling pillows. Pillows with gel layers may be reversible with gel only on one side allowing sleepers to adjust their temperature needs over the course of a night or when seasons change.
- Cover: While the fill of a pillow is the primary factor in its comfort, support, and durability, the cover is also important. Quality covers will increase the longevity of a pillow by ensuring that the fill is properly protected. The cover is not to be confused with a pillowcase. For memory foam pillows like Tempur-Pedic, the cover may be removable and washable like a case, but it is not meant to be in contact with your face.
What to Consider For When Buying a Tempur-Pedic Pillow
When buying a Tempur-Pedic pillow, there are several factors to consider when making a selection. No one pillow will work for every sleeper. Personal preference will always be a part of the equation, but more tangible issues such as these provide criteria that can help narrow down the choices.
- Loft: Height, thickness, and profile are all words used when describing pillow loft. Loft is simply how thick a pillow is when it is lying on a flat surface. This measurement is critically important for proper spinal alignment. A pillow that it is too low or too high can put the neck into awkward positions, which can cause stiffness and pain. The main factors for determining the right loft is sleep style and body composition.
- Firmness: Firmness indicates how firm the pillow feels and how much it allows the head to sink into the pillow. Pillows with a softer feel will be plusher than their firm counterparts. Firmness works in conjunction with loft to provide head, neck, and shoulder support and proper spinal alignment. For instance, if you need to have your head raised slightly, you would look for either a low-loft, firm-feel pillow or a medium-feel with a higher loft.
- Sleeping Position: If loft and firmness are intertwined, sleeping position is the main factor that influences the ideal combination of the two. How your neck is positioned in relation to your bed is dictated by your sleep style. Stomach sleepers need to avoid arching their necks. Side sleepers must consider the height of their shoulders to keep their necks from being bent at an angle. Back sleepers have to support the natural curve of the neck and upper spine.
- Temperature Neutrality: Though temperature regulation is most often discussed for people who tend to sleep hot, temperature neutrality is important for all sleepers. The goal of temperature neutrality is a pillow that is neither too hot nor too cold as either extreme can lead to disrupted sleep. Some materials, like memory foam, can trap heat. Technologies such as gel, ventilated foam, and cooling covers seek to combat this issue and bring the temperature back into balance.
- Mattress: A pillow does not work in isolation. It rests on a mattress, and the support of the mattress can have an impact on finding the right pillow. While the idea of a thick, plush pillow on a soft mattress sounds cozy, this combination may not provide enough support for the neck since both allow the head to sink into them. Typically, soft mattresses should be paired with lower-loft pillows and firmer mattresses with higher-loft pillows.
Compare All Tempur-Pedic Pillows
Even with these factors in mind, it can be overwhelming to choose between Tempur-Pedic’s more than a dozen pillow models. This table will help you compare the options. Travel pillows are not included, except for the Tempur All Purpose Pillow, which can be used for travel. The benefit of all this variety is that there is sure to be a great option for every sleeper.
|TEMPUR-Down Precise Support Pillow||Medium||7.88″||$149||Every type of sleeper (side, back, stomach, combination)||4.3 (55+ reviews)|
|Tempur All Purpose Pillow||Firm||5″||$49||Side and back sleepers looking for neck, leg, or low back support||4.5 (200+ reviews)|
|Tempur-Adapt Pro Pillow||Extra Soft – Medium||5.75″-6.5″||$129||Stomach sleepers (ProLo) Back sleepers (ProMid) Side sleepers (ProHi)||4.5 (324+ reviews)|
|Tempur-Pedic BodyPillow||Medium Firm||7″||$199||Side sleepers||4.4 (208+ reviews)|
|TEMPUR-Neck Pillow||Extra Firm||3″-4.5″||$89||Back and side sleepers||4.4 (1,336+ reviews)|
|TEMPUR-Adapt Pro Cloud + Cooling Pillow||Extra Soft||5″||$99||Every type of sleeper (side, back, stomach, combination)||4.7 (18+ reviews)|
|TEMPUR-Essential Support Pillow||Extra Soft||4.25″||$79||Stomach and back sleepers||4.6 (344+ reviews)|
|TEMPUR-Cloud Pillow||Extra Soft||5″||$99||Every type of sleeper (side, back, stomach, combination)||4.7 (2082+ reviews)|
|Symphony Pillow||Soft||5″||$99||Every type of sleeper (side, back, stomach, combination)||4.4 (765+ reviews)|
|TEMPUR-Adapt Pro + Cooling Pillow||Extra Soft – Medium||5.75″-6.5″||$149||Stomach sleepers (ProLo) Back sleepers (ProMid) Side sleepers (ProHi)||4.6 (73+ reviews)|
|breeze° Neck + Advanced Cooling Pillow||Extra Firm||4″||$149||Back and side sleepers||5.0 (1+ review)|
|TEMPUR-Cloud Breeze Dual Cooling||Medium||6.4″||$169||Every type of sleeper (side, back, stomach, combination)||4.5 (1052+ reviews)|
|breeze° Pro + Advanced Cooling Pillow||Medium||5″-6″||$199||Every type of sleeper (side, back, stomach, combination)||N/A|
Tempur-Pedic Company Information
Customer Service: Most Tempur-Pedic customers have had positive experiences with the company, regardless of how much they liked their purchase.
Reputation: Tempur-Pedic was the first company to offer a memory foam mattress commercially, and their reputation is built on longevity and innovation in working with the material.
BBB Rating: Tempur-Pedic has an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.
Years in Business: Tempur-Pedic was founded in 1992. In 2012, it merged with the Sealy Corporation, creating Tempur Sealy International.
Physical Stores: Tempur-Pedic has 48 stores in 21 states, and their products can be found at over 6000 mattress retailers across the U.S.
Contact Information: [email protected], 1-888-811-5053, tempurpedic.com